home + style | simple inspiration


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




I love magazines for ideas and inspiration. I often rip stuff out that I'm drawn too and stick them in a vision books that I've created for years (this is a really great idea to manifest what you want! and an entirely different blog post to come...)
I *loved* the fresh feel of the May House + Home...love monochromatic colour schemes, all white with natural colours, feels and textures pulled in. See how the green of the leaves is brilliant against the white? Great design doesn't take much. Move towards what 'you're drawn to or feel a connection to'...Thus my style behind the lens often mimics the same style of what I love for the home, the way I dress etc. I love simple, fresh...I often lean towards things with texture or the rawness of nature.
This is last years House + Home (the lofts and condo edition) ...love, love LOVE the white with the hardwood floor...so simple and clean.
And then the two image above...my favourite! Framing ideas. The lost art 'of'. Admittedly I often buy magazines for the framing ideas...there's so much we can do and yet we box ourselves in. Often thinking we can't put too many images up of our selves, our families ...wha?
YOUR HOME IS THE MOST PERSONAL REFLECTION OF WHO YOU ARE.

I'm going to be posting a lot about this over time. Sharing ideas that I'm inspired by, offering suggestions and more importantly showcasing some of the amazing work that some of my clients and I have created.

The first image above is from this months H+H ...simple, clean...looks like it might be an 11x16 with some matting and an all natural wood frame. This gallery style is amazing as a runner down a hallway. Some of my clients wonder about close ups of their kids or family for 'art'. Ahem...some of the greatest works of famous people are close ups! and we buy them?? and they're not even of us.......of someone else? interesting.

The second image was taken from the "Pure + Simple" editorial from the Condos + Lofts edition 2009 ...white, white, white! They've picked a corner of the bedroom and created a four-some. Black and white photos, all white frames, all white matting. Gorgeous!

Both, really easy works to create ...our lives are *beautiful*...it's about time we embrace this and create WITH this in mind. Great art is right in front of us.
Connect if you have any questions or feedback about this. I would love to hear about what you've done or ideas you may have!

Join me on my FACE BOOK FAN PAGE!
love. life + style
xo
jodi renee

Labels: , , , , ,



  • A place where family, friends and clients can catch a sneak peek of recent photos and get the latest in news and updates! Enjoy...and stay tuned! -Jodi
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3